Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The 4


Sandpaper landscape passing by under me – shaving memories off my eyes as I fly over a gritty, old and beautiful Arizona. Changing time zones when I get to Minnesota Park.
Outside my window it’s picturesque with the mesas, the flat tables and the cousin snakes meditating under rocks.
It’s camera worthy like the 4 presidents up on Rushmore laughing through pursed lips at the natives kept constantly numb in the rez or like the Statue of Liberty forgetting her roots on the 4th of  July, or the four horsemen of the apocalypse when finally it’s their moment to shine.

Sandpaper ground reaching out w/the dried out veins like the arms of God awkwardly holding the earth while she’s crying out for nothing except maybe a bit of rain. She does seem broken into a billion pieces I imagine by the fist of Kronus smashing down on my kitchen table as he hollers for a refill on his diet coke and another chicken taco on a soft shell.


12.24.99 
Victor Millan

No comments:

Post a Comment