Thursday, June 5, 2014

Emperor

And there it was ~

I found my soul wandering alone through the ruins of the lost city wondering what’d happened to everything he knew. And it was me returning to my birthplace; a sort of homecoming to the highlands and the cold mountains breathing further and higher than my eyes will ever find. Back to the homegrown leaf and the earth she fell in love with.

And she changed like a dream and there I saw myself in the body of another man adorned in fine, colorful clothes and indigo gold. Also a scepter or a staff and a dark feathered headdress ~ reminders of prophecies when she spoke of collective lineage and a moment in time.
I saw in front of me the leader of a people ~ all so beautiful and proud. I felt the breeze running through my hair shaking the old ghosts uncomfortably out of joint,
awkwardly out of their hibernal sleep. Also the faint warmth of the sun was coming down with a blessing; keeping my brown skin brown and everything else living in the green.

The crowd energy honed and in a brilliant manifest I kissed the new gods.
They gave me mettle and wisdom
and a vision of our quick and bloody deaths.


We must prepare for the battle,
our day is near.
I promise you we’ll never be forgotten.


One by one
the armies fell to the cross.



Words by Victor Millan
Image by Eddy Millan

No comments:

Post a Comment