Friday, December 7, 2012

December 7th


Damn Japanese got the jump on Pearl Harbor that day.
Lennon was murdered on the 8th and Morrison born on the same. Jesus got his holiday shortly thereafter. That’s what those nutty Christians say anyhow.

Today the war keeps on in Afghanistan with its killings and mounting tribulations and bit by little bit the whole country keeps on crumbling like dried up old shit. There’re no fountains or gardens or vineyards like the poets and grandparents spoke about. No overflowing cornucopias like they were told in their bedtime stories years ago. As a matter of fact no overflowing of anything except repression, tears, bullets, blood and death.
It’s a shame, really. They’re a beautiful people oppressed by the tyrannical hands of religion, ego and greed.
It’s a shame.
And I ask myself pretty much on a daily basis why can’t we and how can we remove our
“Representatives” from our government?
And if you’re thinking votes EHHHH think again.
They don’t speak for me and if you think they speak for you I’ve got one thing to say to You ~
Baaaa. Baaaaaa  aaa.
We are the majority. Just too poor to own our own broadcasting networks and news media and pharmaceutical companies, I guess.
The first two to tell the news like it really is and the latter to keep us drug happy and sane while passing new laws and trying not to become sick with greed and power like they are.
Fuck it. I don’t know that I know what the answer is.
I just know life sucks nowadays and it feels more like the Bible Belt South, 1963 instead of The Newstates of America, 2003.
If I didn’t know any better I’d say I was just the imported grease which keeps
the BIG wheels making their ca$h. Like Marley said, the BIG fish.
But let’s not forget grease is slippery and combustible. Backs could be broken and hypocritical BIG fish could be fried.

We are the majority.

But then I look around and I see people pissed off @ other people instead of camaraderie.
Neighbors suspiciously eyeballing each other up n down instead of keeping an eye on the well dressed, “shake my hand, vote for me and then kiss my ass” representative.  Excuse me, non-representative. But then again mad-dogging in L.A is normal as palm trees so no biggie until tomorrow although tomorrow has already come for Japan.
Right now my Friday’s done for the night and so am I. Time to turn in and hope I don’t catch the flu.

Something’s tickling my ear @ 1:44 in the a.m.

12.7.01
Victor Millan 

No comments:

Post a Comment