Friday, March 22, 2013

Negative Energy


It’s got me spooked off my heels.

It’s the goose bumps on my cheeks. On my arms.
The blood tingles. The pin pricks jumping under my skin.
The feeling someone’s there but no one is.
Like right now there’s a tingle on my neck or is it a loose thread off my t-shirt?
A swipe at my sense of center keeps me discomposed.
This empty house. A negative stir. Desperation to kill for.
I stutter when I type or is it the caffeine in my eyes?
On my tongue.

Someone let a bug in the house!
Gotta kill the devil. The white devil. Ho! How’d that slip out?

Maybe not a devil say the neighbors across the stairs but a lonesome imp I agree.
A playful son of a bitch running around in my home laying down a bogus shadow.
(Don’t get angry with me ~ I write what it is.)
This is what I felt when I hit the first key and when this . . . thing was slapping me insane.
Now . . . dissipation. It’s gone . . . and the air feels like it was never there. Again, an empty house but it feels different this time. More at ease. Maybe it was just a running phase.

Great timing too ‘cause my woman just got home.


9.21.05 
Victor Millan

No comments:

Post a Comment